Everyone can do something today to help make it possible for another family to have a decent place to live. There are countless ways to get involved with Siouxland Habitat for Humanity.
If you’re the type that likes to see the fruits of your labor, check out our volunteer opportunities where you can directly affect those we serve.
We rely on the generosity of donors to make an investment in the families with whom we partner and the community in which we build.
Our Habitat ReStore, is able to take your new and gently used donations of home furnishings and building materials to support our mission. Every donation, every purchase creates the opportunity for a family to build a better life.
- The ReStore is open to the public.
- Proceeds from the sales build future homes. We call it "the store that builds homes".
- We sell your kindly used household items - the sales generate funds that build future Habitat homes in Siouxland
- Sponsor A Stud
It takes nearly 400 studs to build one safe, simple, affordable Habitat home for a local, hard-working, deserving family. Studs form the core of every home.
- $100 pays for one stud - you decorate the stud - we use the stud during the construction of a Habitat home
- You get invited to the Stud Finder Open House - to meet the home's family and see your studs' placement in the home
- Habitat Home Builder
- Whether its sponsoring hardware for the cabinetry in one of our Habitat homes or sponsoring an entire home build. you can be a permanent part of a Habitat home.
- Special Events
- We host annual events that are available for sponsorships
Faith Builds turn faith into action!
Habitat for Humanity and Thrivent Faith Builds bring local faith groups together to raise walls, funds and prayer to build a house in partnership with a family in your community. It’s an opportunity to live out your group’s ministry, engage your members and see the miracle that occurs when future homeowners and volunteers work alongside each other.
Since 2005, Habitat and Thrivent have partnered to help make affordable housing and better communities a reality for families. We invite your church to be part of a Faith Build right here in Siouxland. There are many ways for church members to get involved in a Faith Build on and off the construction site. For example, you and your congregation may:
- Organize on-site volunteer days for your church members
- Make a financial contribution
- Organize a fundraising activity
- Provide lunch for on-site workers
- Create a welcome basket or other special items for the family
- Participate at ground-breaking and dedication events
- Form a prayer group
We’ll work with you to find a partnership that best fits your congregation. Let’s do this together and help a family begin a journey to strength, stability, and independence through affordable home ownership.